April 28, 2009

SAW this sourcebook’s gone to heaven

We shot this on a street in lower Manhattan. We tripped across it late one night in Chelsea heading back to our hotel. In case you cannot see from the photo, this Workbook “sourcebook” is rubbish thrown out to the curb waiting for the garbage truck. That’s harsh—what happen to the days of ‘death by doorstop.’

SAW-workbook_as_rubbish_on_street_curb.jpg

At the time it was funny. Until I realized I was in Workbook that year. And might I add, still making monthly payment on my ad (gulp.)

Some say this is “The End of Print!” David Carson did, but his book by that title just went into it’s 5th printing.

We have run ads in Workbook 10 or so times. I’ve also designed over 50 Workbook ads for other photogs & reps over the years.

Without further ado, I am letting you know I am no longer on Workbook.com. So, I thought I would showcase a few of my favorite WB ads here, you know, for old time sake. Or maybe to get a little more mileage out of them...


btw, I do not want to give WB a bum rap. I am tight with the production team. Go Paul! Go!

Mind you, the ads above are just from Workbook. This is not taking into account all the other sourcebooks we have taken ads out in: Black Book, Le Book, Klik & Alternative Pick (big gulp!)

Labels: , , , ,

share
posted by Stephen Austin Welch at 11:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home