July 1, 2009

SAW gear head

An art producer / photogarpher asked me the other day what I shoot with. In all honesty I have shot with it all. Hasselblad, Leaf, Phase, Canon, Nikon. I pick the camera system that best suites the project. Not only that, I pick the digital back that best suite they type of lighting I am creating (for example shooting night lit interior lifestyle vs. shooting high key day lit interior lifestyle.)

I learned this approach from my background working on movie sets. You select your lens, camera, rig, lighting base on the look you want to achieve and the shot you want to make.

The other thing that sometimes surprises people it that I will have more than one camera up and running on my still shoots manned with an operator. For example this was the perfect setup when I shot on a roller coaster. I also used this approach shooting on location at a busy hair salon. And it even works well for capturing video on our still shoot. Yep, I do that too.
share
posted by Stephen Austin Welch at 2:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home