December 2, 2009

SAW font insults

in no particular order (and in jest) I write:
  • ... there is noting “comic” about it.
  • that kerning looks like an upskirt.
  • XYZ, PDQ, I can see your t r a c k i n g hanging out.
  • pardon me, but you dropped you x-height on the floor.
  • you might as well replace you leading with “um...”.
  • let’s put a cap on your cap height right now.
  • not to get all political, but I am justified left. and you are justified wrong.
  • with all due respect, you’re a dingbat.
  • why mess with an inbred font family.
  • maybe you should try sans sans-serif and see where that gets you.
  • actually your l e t t e r s p a c i n g might be the perfect candidate for a successful comb over.
cheers, SAW (a photographer & yup, a designer—but hey you already knew that.)

p.s. this post is a follow up to “everyone is a photographer” neither of which seem to be making me any friends! ;-)

p.p.s. here is little back and forth banter between myself and my designer buddy Joel:

JM: you had me at "comic sans."
SAW: and, it looks like you’ve dotted your Ts and crossed your eyes.
JM: I've seen easier reading font choices in a chinese phonebook.
share
posted by Stephen Austin Welch at 1:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home