August 4, 2009

SAW a glazed metaphor

We (photogs/agents) joke about donut road shows. You know, we bring the portfolios and the FOOD and hope to lure in all the creatives [left] at an agency.

Some photogs are overly tactical and bring smelly food to waft thru the cubicle mazes. I think that is in poor taste and breaks the ubiquitously understood “NO microwave popcorn” law.

My favorite bakery (in the world, including France and Hungary) is the Kruta Bakery in Collinsville, IL. My fave, both for flavor and childhood memories. We used to leave for school 20 early on our bikes to score pastries and orange drink.

I brought in donut holes, which are merely the center punch-out of the round donut. Yes, they taste the same.

“Why did I bring donut holes you ask? Because donut holes are a metaphor for our industry’s current economic condition—and to symbolize that we don’t waste any of the production budget!”

note: creative are still sweet tooths.

Okay, so want to see my book? Give me a ring. Want some donut holes from my favorite bakery in the word? Give me a ring and I’ll FedEx ’em your way. mmm...
share
posted by Stephen Austin Welch at 6:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home